The Arts of Quest

Jesus, arts, and anything in-between.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

getting *blogged* down

Whoa. This isn't what I had in mind when I started this thing. I wanted to post on here at least once a week. By the looks of things, it seems like it has been about once a quarter or so. I have a million excuses why I haven't been posting. Some of them are legit, (working 1 full time, & 2 part time jobs) and some of them aren't. (watching the Cardinals win the World Series, thankyouverymuch)

The cool thing about being a worship leader is that I have accountability to be able to worship on a weekly basis and pick out songs I think will make God more famous. But even with that, some times I can forget the most important aspect of the whole thing. My personal relationship with Jesus. I can try to think of all the cool stuff we can do or the new songs we can sing, but it's empty unless I make an extra effort to hear what God is saying to me.

How about you?

Are you getting wrapped up in daily things that are blocking your view of Him? Are you getting wrapped up in *church* things and not taking time to ask God why you're doing it? Or what it is He wants you to do?