The Arts of Quest

Jesus, arts, and anything in-between.

Monday, September 04, 2006

idea.

I went running tonight and had an idea. I want to throw it out to you all and let me know what you think. I've been praying a lot and thinking a lot about our worship at Quest. I really want people to connect with the music we're playing and have people make the songs be their songs. I want people to be able to sing them and have them mean something personal in their own life.

So when I got to about mile 23* in my run, I thought about this idea: what if people shared how God has spoken to them through a particular song WHILE it's being played? We could have a short video clip of a person sharing their heart, we could read a paragraph they wrote, they could be mic'ed and share... And it could be any song. An old hymn they sung growing up, a song we sing at Quest now, or one that we've never sung. Maybe when our church sees that these songs we sing aren't just for Sunday morning, but that they can actually be alive and have God speaking in them, we may just get somewhere.

What do you think?
Did I make any sense, or did I just ramble?


* (more like mile 1.25 in my run)